Take What You Need, Give What You Can Sticky Note Board
Last year, I saw a lot of "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" Bulletin Boards popping up everywhere. I decided to fuel my new found love of printing on sticky notes and make a sticky note version.
The idea behind the "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" board is that you take a positive message that you "need" to hear or "give" (write) a positive or uplifting message for someone else to take.
I displayed the "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" sticky note board on a window near the school counseling office. A traditional bulletin board could also be used to display this sticky note board.
I created 18 different positve messages to print on sticky notes for the "Take What You Need" side of the board.
To make this "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" sticky note board, you will need the following items:
- A printer
- Printer paper to print the sticky note template
- Sticky notes - I prefer Post-it Super Sticky Notes - They hold their stickiness well for sticking to the template and then peeling off to stick somewhere else.
- Cardstock or Paper to print the "Take What You Need" and "Give What You Can" signs. I love to use AstroBrights Cardstock for bulletin boards.
To print the Positive Sticky Notes:
- First you need to print the template. I like to do a test print to determine how the printer feeds the paper. This will help you to figure out how to place the template with the sticky notes in the printer.
- Next, affix the sticky notes to the template. You can make all one color or alternate colors of sticky notes.
- Put the template with sticky in the printer tray.
- Peel and stick!
To print the signs:
- Print the signs on two pieces of colorful cardstock.
To affix the signs to the window, I used Scotch roller glue. You could also use regular staples to stick it to a traditional bulletin board.
To download the full file with the "Take What You Need" and "Give What You Can" signs and Positive Sticky Notes, click here or click on the image below.
If you want to only use the Positive Sticky Notes, you can download them as a stand alone file here or by clicking on the image below.
Where will you display this "Take What You Need, Give What You Can" sticky note board?
If you create this at your school I'd love to see it! Tag me or share with me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
*With current Covid-19 restrictions I would not leave a pen out for students to use. I would encourage students to use their own pen. I made this sticky board last school year.
*This post contains affiliate links.